• 225g halloumi
• 80-100g of all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp dried mint
• a pinch of salt
• some pepper
• oil for frying
1. In a plate, mix the flour with the mint, salt and pepper.
2. Cut the halloumi horizontally into two slices and cut each slice into four thin sticks 1 cm thick.
3. Put the sticks one by one in the flour and flour them well on all sides. Shake them a little to remove the excess flour. Do the same with all the sticks.
4. In a pan, heat the oil well on medium heat. After the oil is well heated, put in the pan as many sticks as will fit without being squeezed and touching each other. Leave them until they turn golden, about 1.5 minutes, and turn them over on the other side.
5. When they are ready, take them out on absorbent kitchen paper. Continue similarly with all the pieces.
Serve with tahini sauce
For 4 servings:
• 4 tablespoons of tahini
• 2 cloves of garlic melted with salt
• Juice of 2 lemons
• 4 tablespoons of olive oil
• Cold water
• Chopped parsley for garnish
Mix all the ingredients well. For even better results you can use a blender or mixer. Add cold water depending on the fluidity you desire.